What is Bit.ly Short URL Service?
The same can be acheived with this link:
Which link would you prefer to share with friends? Services like Twitter limit each posting to 140 characters, so short URL’s are essential for sharing links, and Twitter uses Bit.ly for Short URL’s by default. But Bit.ly also tracks clicks on your links, and provides detailed reports on link activity.
- Easily convert long URL web links into short links to share with others
- Each links details are stored in your profile for future reference
- Every click of each link is tracked and Bit.ly provides detailed info about link activity, including location of users, and timelines
- Can be used to track clicks in your websites, social network sites, newsletters, emails etc
- This is a free tool, and is great for tracking marketing campaigns
Due to the preliferation of Phishing sites, some people are wary of clicking links that do not appear to come from the website they were expecting. As a result, a number of utilities are now available that reveal the true destination of the short URL, so users can see where they will be directed if they click on it.
Find out more
Where to find it