What is iDrive Remote Data Backup?
Securing valuable business or personal data against disaster can be complicated, costly and time consuming. Onsite backup solutions like storing to tape or CD/DVD rely on backup sets being removed from site periodically to protect data from a site wide disaster. Companies that fail to sufficiently plan their backup strategy can face massive loss of productivity, high recovery costs and even closure. Online backups can now supplement onsite backup solutions to give bomb proof protection.
- iDrive Basic – Free 2GB online backup solution
- iDrive Pro Personal Use – 150GB for $4.95
- iDrive Pro Family Pack – 500GB for $14.95
- iDrive Pro Business Use – 50GB for $9.95 (multiple PC’s)
Prices are in US Dollars per month and accurate at time of writing.
- iDrive software will automatically select commonly backed up files
- Back up mapped or external drives from your PC
- Hands free Continous Backup option
- Retains up to 30 versions of all files backed up – Historical versions are stored for free
- Manage backups online using any browser
- Secure encryption on both storage and transfers
- iDrive Explorer offers drag-and-drop restore of files
- Onsite backups alone may not be sufficient to protect against a site wide disaster or malicious attack.
- Online backup solutions should always complement onsite backups, due to the length of time taken to recover large amounts of data over the internet.
- iDrive does not store your private encryption key for your data on any server. Therefore iDrive cannot unlock your data and read your files.
- iDrive servers are protected from disasters and failures by industry leading fail safe technology and multiple levels of redundancy
- iDrive have periodic third party reviews of network infrastructure to check for known application and service vulnerabilities.
Find out more
Where to find it