What is iDrive Online Backup Software?
iDrive is a fully featured online backup of your most important data. The software is easy to install on either PC’s or Macs and will automatically backup your files over the internet to multiple data centres for redundancy. Your files are version controlled and securely accessible from any computer via a web browser. iDrive now also includes an iPhone and Android App for access to data via mobile phones.
Onsite / Offsite Backups Overview
Securing valuable business or personal data against disaster can be complicated, costly and time consuming. Onsite backup solutions like storing to tape or CD/DVD rely on backup sets being taken offiste periodically to protect data from a site wide disaster. Companies that fail to sufficiently plan their backup strategy can face massive loss of productivity, high recovery costs and even closure. Online backups can now supplement onsite backup solutions to give bomb proof protection.
- iDrive Basic
Free 5GB online backup solution
- iDrive Pro Personal Use
150GB for $4.95 per month or $49.50 per year
- iDrive Pro Family Pack
Up to 5 PCs / Macs
500GB for $14.95 per month or $149.50 per year
- iDrive Pro Business
Unlimited PC’s / Macs
50GB for $9.95 per month or $99.50 per year
100GB for $19.95 per month or $199.50 per year
500GB for $49.95 per month or $499.50 per year
1000GB for $79.95 per month or $799.50 per year
Prices are in US Dollars and accurate at time of writing.
- iDrive software will automatically select commonly backed up files
- Back up mapped or external drives from your PC
- Hands free Continous Backup option
- Retains up to 30 versions of all files backed up – Historical versions are stored for free
- Manage backups online using any browser
- Secure encryption on both storage and transfers
- iDrive Explorer offers drag-and-drop restore of files
- Access backed up data on your mobile via iPhone or Android App
- Onsite backups alone may not be sufficient to protect against a site wide disaster or malicious attack.
- Online backup solutions should always complement onsite backups, due to the length of time taken to recover large amounts of data over the internet.
- iDrive does not store your private encryption key for your data on any server. Therefore iDrive employees cannot unlock your data and read your files.
- iDrive servers are protected from disasters and failures by industry leading fail safe technology and multiple levels of redundancy
- iDrive have periodic third party reviews of network infrastructure to check for known application and service vulnerabilities.
Find out more
Where to find it